Sports Dentistry: Prevention and Treatment of Dental Trauma
AGD Member: $49*
Student Member: $37.50*
Speaker: Brett Dorney, BDS, FRACDS, FASD, FICD
Credit Hours: 1.5
Subject Code: 154 – Sports Dentistry
*AGD Member discount applied at checkout.
Sports Dentistry is defined as the part of Sports Medicine that is responsible for the prevention and treatment of traumatic Dental injuries. It also includes a role in educating and promoting Dental health as being compatible with sporting performance.
The Dentist’s responsibilities include;
- Pre- season Dental screening
- An effective mouthguard program
- Dental coverage for competition
- Educating athletes, parents and community groups
- Diagnosing and treating Dental sporting injuries
- Successful injury management will involve a (MI) minimal intervention approach.
This webinar will concentrate on evidence based treatment for treating Dental trauma.x
- Understand the nature and effect of trauma.
- Understand wound healing after simple and complicated injuries to the pulp and periodontium.
- Understand the influence of repositioning teeth, splinting traumatised teeth and the use of antibiotics in Dental trauma.
- Understand the role of your staff in first aid for Dental trauma and particularly avulsion injuries.
- To learn clinical and radiographic examinations used to gather the necessary information about the injuries to the teeth and supporting structures.
Brett Dorney BDS, FRACDS, FASD, FICD, graduated from Sydney University in 1971 and obtained his Fellowship of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons in 1985. He has been awarded fellowships from the Academy for Sports Dentistry, The International College of Dentists and the Academy of Dentists International.
Dr Dorney lectures at undergraduate and post graduate level for Sydney University. He was Deputy Director for Dental Services for the 2000 Sydney Olympics and Paralympics. He has worked in private Dental Practice in Pymble for 34 years.
|Names of any Entities Providing Commercial Support||
|Time and Period of Availability for Internet Based Courses||
|Original Release Date||
September 25, 2018
September 25, 2021